This easy beef tacos recipe is made in one pan and ready in less than thirty minutes! Pin this easy beef tacos recipe here.
It’s no surprise I’m a sucker for Mexican-inspired meals being from Texas. Literally we make at least two dinners per week full of Mexican flavors. In the past I’ve brought you bison tacos, beef burritos and simple chicken quesadillas… but today I bring you easy beef tacos ready in HALF AN HOUR! What’s more? It’s a one-pan meal, yahoo!
Disclosures: I’m proud to partner with Tomato Wellness on this blog post. I was compensated for my time. Thanks for supporting brands that align with my values and make this blog possible!
Easy Lean Beef Tacos
Sometimes I do a disservice by telling you a thousand spices you can use and sometimes I get it right by literally keeping it as easy as possible. This recipe is a mix of 8 ingredients, and you are going to love it.
How I healthified this meal:
- I used lean ground beef (look for ≥90% lean)
- Pumped up the fiber with onions, canned tomatoes and mushrooms
- Used corn tortilla shells (these are whole grains, did ya know?!)
- Kept added oils to a minimum
Using Canned Tomatoes in Beef Tacos
You might have caught this blog post on some interesting things I learned about canned tomatoes visiting the tomato field and cannery. DYK that the lycopene (the beneficial antioxidant) in canned tomatoes is more bioavailable (meaning your body can use it better) than fresh? Tomatoes are high in vitamin C, fiber and higher than bananas in potassium. Aside from being uber-convenient (canned tomatoes are an absolute staple in my pantry), they may be fresher than fresh because they are canned at peak ripeness.
Serving Easy Lean Beef Tacos
What I love about taco night is you can do whatever you want when serving. Picky kids? No prob. Someone who’s low carb? Easy.#tomatoes bring all the flavor to the yard in these simple, healthified beef #tacos! Click To Tweet
Serving tacos family style makes everyone happy because they get to choose what’s on their taco!
Here are some of my favorite things to serve on the side:
- Shredded lettuce (I like Romaine or mixed greens. Spinach is good too but can be a little too big of a leaf for a taco topping)
- Diced bell pepper
- Guacamole (here’s my super easy guac recipe!)
- Blue corn tortilla chips
You can even skip the taco shell and toss this in a big bowl of mixed greens to go salad style. I do this for leftovers all the time to switch it up!
Easy Lean Beef Tacos Recipe Video
I made a quick video to show you how simple this recipe is!
Pin this easy beef tacos recipe here.
Easy Beef Tacos
- 1 tsp avocado oil (canola works well too!)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 lb lean beef (look for 91% lean or leaner)
- 1 15 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 small mushrooms (or 2 large)
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 10 crunchy corn taco shells
- shredded lettuce for topping
- shredded cheese for topping
- Preheat skillet to medium heat. Add oil.
- Add onion. Sauté about 5 minutes until translucent and softened.
- Add meat and brown (~7 minutes).
- When meat is mostly cooked through (it's okay if there's still a little pink), add canned tomatoes, mushrooms and taco seasoning. Simmer ~3-5 minutes until meat is cooked all the way through reaching an internal temperature of 165°F and no longer pink.
- Scoop meat mixture with a slotted spoon into crunchy corn taco shells.
- Top with shredded lettuce, cheese and whatever else your heart desires!