What I’m All About
I'm a motivational nutrition guru who will help you break the barriers on achieving the health you never thought you could, feel confident in your own skin, drop the guilt-shame cycle with food, and kick the confusion on what you should actually eat.
I believe in a whole foods approach to nutrition. Let’s keep it simple with more foods that don’t come in packages. Let’s eat more plants, with every meal. Let’s get ourselves back in the kitchen. Let’s figure out how we can add more nutrition into the foods you already enjoy eating, and how we might make small changes for big results!
If you can think it, I’ve probably tried it. Prior to becoming a dietitian, I tried every "diet" under the sun. The four most important lessons I've learned from my own nutrition journey and in working with thousands of clients are these: 1. Every body is different. 2. Restriction and food rules are never the answer. 3. Nutrition is a science, not an opinion. 4. If it sounds extreme, it probably is.
Eating real, good food with a healthy helping of exercise is the recipe for success!
Education & Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from Brigham Young University
- Master of Science in Nutrition from Texas Woman’s University
- 1200-hour CDR-accredited dietetic internship at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- RDN: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Academy of Nutrition Dietetics
- LD: Licensed Dietitian, state of Texas
Professional Organizations and Leadership (past/present):
- Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Membership Chair-Elect (present)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Behavioral Health Dietetic Practice Group
- Owner of Elevate Nutrition Consulting, private practice for nutrition counseling
- Nutrition Services Supervisor-Clinical & Food Service in Skilled Nursing
- Clinical Dietitian specializing in surgical telemetry, neurology and psychiatry including eating disorders